Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our mission. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. Explore the opportunities.
IBTS is currently recruiting for a Licensed Engineer to join our growing and dynamic Plan Review team in Ashburn, VA. The selected candidate will lead the mechanical, plumbing, energy plan reviews and, based on qualifications, other sections of the plan review group; will be responsible for education and training, setting standards of care, quality assurance and oversight of other reviewers; and will be responsible for client interaction on a routine basis.
- Review construction plans of commercial, industrial, public, institutional, multi-family residential, one and two family residential and related buildings for compliance with various jurisdictions' building codes; examines mechanical, plumbing, energy conservation systems.
- Identifies deficiencies on plans and notifies clients, developers, or design professionals of required alterations; and approves original or revised.
- Answers inquiries from design and building professionals and the public concerning building codes regarding mechanical, plumbing, and energy conservation.
- Coordinate with architect and other engineers to deliver the review/assessment reports per client's requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels in the organization.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks.
- A bachelor degree is preferred, experiences could be considered in lieu of education.
- Licensed engineer – NCEES certificate is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Mechanical/Plumbing design, construction, or code enforcement.
- Significant understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Candidate with ICC certifications in Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, and Green disciplines is preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5wy3bgrqfymkw82z