The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics is seeking an Education Manager who will be responsible for identifying, producing, and delivering timely, quality educational programs, products, and services reflective of and relevant to the aerospace profession. This individual will also manage strategic, operational, and budget planning, development, and implementation of educational programs, products, and services.
- Implement and continually develop short courses held at physical events.
- Develop e-learning products to serve various components of the association’s membership.
- Manage AIAA Online Learning Center through Learning Management System including:
- Work with appropriate staff, subject matter experts, and vendors to schedule live webinars and webcasts
- Create on-demand products
- Track and assess participation trends
- Field ideas for new programs and products and oversee curriculum design.
- In coordination with Membership and Marketing staff, develop aspects of member needs assessment that deal with topic selection, suggested pricing, timing, and delivery methods for educational offerings.
- Solicit input from association corporate members about educational and training needs for their organizations.
- Work with Marketing staff to develop marketing plan for educational programs, products, and services and assess effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to identify topics and subject matter experts for educational offerings.
- Explore ways to build and support communities of interest around educational topics.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for administering educational programs, products, and services.
- Work with volunteer leadership to identify and assess potential educational initiatives.
- Serve as liaison to the AIAA Career and Professional Development Committee.
- Stay abreast of and apply latest industry techniques and standards related to education.
- Develop and maintain instructor agreements.
- Review the financials to ensure all revenues and expenses are included and report key indicators on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with Accounting staff to pay instructor honoraria.
- Coordinate with Event Planning staff to determine space and logistical needs for physical courses.
- Coordinate with Registration staff to set up registration for educational offerings in Association Management System.
- Manage relationship with vendor providing the Learning Management System.
- Other duties as assigned by Managing Director.
- Reports to Managing Director, Products & Programs
- Moderate travel (4-6 times per year)
- Work with staff, subject matter experts, members, and vendors in support of educational programs, products, and services
- 3 to 5 years of experience in creating educational programs and products for adult learners, experience with e-learning preferred
- Experience using a Learning Management System
- Experience using an Association Management System
- Appropriate education and/or certification (College degree required)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Needs assessment and developing products to meet needs
- Program and project management
- Ability to handle pressure and multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Why Work at AIAA?
Make a real difference in the aerospace industry! Assist us in positioning aerospace for its exciting future while celebrating the industry’s pioneering accomplishments. As an AIAA employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:
- 37.5-hr work week
- 11 holidays + vacation and sick leave
- Great location off the Dulles Toll Road near the new Reston Silver Line Metro
- Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ by Fairfax County Transit Authority and the National Center for Transit Research
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with low co-pays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with generous match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Health club and Weight Watchers subsidy
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191