Video Production Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Video Production Engineer provides leadership and guidance for the strategic direction of Dragon Digital Media. S/he is responsible for the upgrade systems guidance ensuring compatibility with existing equipment. S/he will be responsible for installing, upgrading, repairing and maintaining both SD and high-definition equipment in a fully networked production, post-production and cable cast facility. The Video Production Engineer ensures that all equipment is well maintained and operating for all productions.
- Upgrade and maintain complex server and software based system for television and radio production and post production. Maintains signal integrity by efficiently and effectively resolving network, capability or failing equipment issues.
- Responsible for the assembling, operation and maintenance of the technical equipment used in the recording of sound and picture for television production. Responsible for assembling, operating and maintaining of the technical equipment used by both television and radio stations.
- S/he will operate and/or direct operation of equipment during the digital recording of studio and location productions in both standard and high definition formats
- Performs all video engineering and audio engineering duties in order to maintain a state of the art facility, trains personnel on equipment and writes SOP documents, updates technical drawings and as built drawing sets. Must possess comprehensive knowledge of digital and analog signal theory and application. Ability to apply knowledge of advanced video engineering in a mixed platform environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Radio and Television Engineering or related Communications field, or combination of education, certificates and experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in a recognized video production facility
- Requires a high aptitude in technology and the ability to grasp complex concepts quickly. Thorough understanding of compression schemes, and transcoding video and audio in both various formats.
- Ability to work with in a high degree of independence and solve problems quickly and efficiently. Considerable demonstrated skill is required in organization, attention to detail, multitasking, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Valid Maryland driver's license required.
- Production work may require off-site shooting or light travel.
- Production work may require overtime, evenings and/or weekend work.
- Ability to carry and set up field equipment. (50 lbs.)
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm plus some evenings and weekends as required
Compensation: $50,317 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement.
FLSA Status: Exempt from overtime
Open Until Filled
For best consideration apply by June 9, 2017
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Please attach the following documents:
1. Cover letter
Link for the job announcement on our site: https://www.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=84801[interviewexchange.com]