Cryptographic Systems Engineer w/ Polygraph
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience
- Experience with one or more encryption/cryptographic tools that support the development, documentation, and maintenance of data protection standards within the Sponsor's organization (experience with data at rest tools preferred)
- Demonstrated experience migrating and maintaining techonologies in a cloud/C2S/Amazon environment
- Knowledge and ability to research, assess, and make recommendations regarding commercial encryption technologies, as well as how to integrate, implement, test, deploy and support within the Sponsor's environment
- Familiarity with various data formats (e.g., xml, rtf, etc.), data fields, and applications interfaces to effectively collaborate with other project teams, and keep up with new technological developments to support ongoing cryptographic needs
- Ability to support rotating pager duty
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with SafeNet, HyTrust, LUKS, Amazon KMS highly desired
- Security/Encryption related education and certification(s)
- Training and/or certifications in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.