Development Associate/Manager (Fundraising and Cultivation)
4 days left
- Full Time
Position Summary: The Development Associate/Manager will primarily be responsible for supporting the fundraising strategies, initiatives and all aspects of resource development and activities for the organization. These duties include grants management and writing; direct mail, fundraising appeals and campaigns; and database entry and management.
The Development Associate/Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Development and as necessary, with Advancing Justice affiliate partners, to ensure alignment and integration of our fundraising strategies in order to maximize the effectiveness of our collective endeavors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Organizational Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Act as thought partner to the Vice President of Development on issues related to fund development and activities.
- Act as an active member of the Development Team in the strategic development and implementation of fundraising strategies.
- Work closely with the Executive Team and organizational staff to provide leadership and direction with setting budgets, program goals and strategies, advancing new ideas and innovation that align with our organizational mission and strategic plan.
- In collaboration with program leadership, support the management of donor relationships and the identification and pursuit of new funding opportunities to support program priorities.
- Assist the Vice President of Development with the management of the organization’s grant portfolio through monitoring, researching and analysis of institutional opportunities.
- Lead grant and proposal writer for the organization. Responsible for writing, preparing and organizing materials for proposals and grant reports, and for the timely monitoring and submission of such.
- Work with the Vice President of Development and the Vice President of Finance and Operations to develop proposal budgets and financial reports.
- Prepare background materials and provide in-person support when needed for meetings for the President and Executive Director, Vice Presidents and/or relevant program staff with current and prospective institutional funders.
- Work with the Vice President of Development and the development team to support joint fundraising efforts with affiliates (inclusive of fundraising for joint program proposals).
General Development Activities
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters and other development administrative communications. Maintain an accurate filing system.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
- Assist in conducting preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Work with the communications department to develop strategies for online fundraising campaigns.
- Support development events and activities. Manage RSVPs and maintain guest lists; gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising event.
Information Management and Systems
- Manage donor database; process donations and record relevant funder updates.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of development periodic income reports and projections.
- Ensure the integrity of the department’s Raiser’s Edge fundraising database through:
- Development and oversight of data entry protocols;
- Building and running unique queries, exports, analysis reports and targeted appeal lists;
- Conducting timely data entry and reporting;
- Training relevant staff and interns on protocol.
Other Development Duties
- Contribute to the department’s marketing functions by providing relevant website updates, activating social media communications and other collateral, as needed.
- Responsible for contributing to the leadership and success of the individual members of the development team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Development.
Apply for Development Associate/Manager (Fundraising and Cultivation)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly