Windows Systems Administrator
3 days left
- Full Time
The Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation and support of Windows Server based operating systems and various applications, hardware and software platforms. Regular job responsibilities will involve supporting a variety of technologies, team driven projects, handling trouble tickets on a priority basis, and participation in tasks related to help desk.
- To communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Diagnose and resolve system issues in a fast paced and high demand environment.
- Provide routine maintenance on field devices including the management of disk space and other tasks to ensure high performance.
- Maintain compliant environment. Review monthly scan results, determine remedy, test impact and remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Maintain Windows best practices, anti-virus, firmware upgrades, and patch management for Windows operating systems.
- Report vulnerabilities and areas for improvement through comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Support corporate system audits by maintaining accurate, comprehensive documentation and provide timely responses to requests.
- Support Change Management process by adhering to guidelines and providing proper documentation.
- Create production notification scripts for proactive alerts and for routine administrative tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects with various and changing levels of priority
- Provide technical support and direction to individuals and teams
- Build, configure, install and cable servers, rack and related equipment
- Strong service focus and sense of urgency
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to respond to unanticipated situations without notice and available off hours when needed.
- Dependable, self-motivated, organized, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Windows Server technology for a minimum of 6+ years
- Web Server technologies
- IT infrastructure monitoring tools such as Wireshark and Windows Network Monitor
- VMWare and Virtual Center virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of Storage Protocols and Management Software
- Knowledge of Powershell scripting
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts and technologies (protocols, software & HW components)
- SCCM Software Delivery / Unattended installation
- Patch Management / Windows Software Update Services
- Windows Deployment Services / Remote Image
- Asset Management
- Enterprise software such as Anti-Virus
- Single Sign On
- Scripting languages for systems management
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline is required
- (VCP) VMware Certified Professional cert-preferred
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer cert-preferred
*** Must have been in the US for more than 5 years
Apply for Windows Systems Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly