End User Support Technician/Tier 2 Deskside - 1273
The MIL Corporation seeks an End User Support Technician/Tier 2 Deskside for a full time position in Washington, DC to support our clients Senior Executive Help Desk (SEHD) to provide timely responses to client Senior Executive IT issues.
The End User Support Technician position provides hands on technical support for administration of the IT Infrastructure, including but not limited to personal computers (PCs), laptops, mobile devices (Blackberry's, iPhones, iPads, Androids), printers, and peripheral equipment of a branch office for a large government organization.
This position is tasked with the hands on deployment of end user equipment, including PC's, printers, and other equipment as needed. The candidate must display detail-oriented technical skills, strong analytical skills (including log analysis), flexibility and the ability to think creatively while meeting/using industry best practices. Position may require working nights and/or weekends if conditions warrant. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate with end users is a must.
The support includes but is not limited to setting up new employee equipment; maintain an inventory of laptops and peripherals, toner and printers. Setup printers, patch and plug in phones and desktops to the network, configure network setting on devices. Replace equipment as needed, update and install software as needed, troubleshoot and monitor the smooth operation of the end user devices.
This individual should be a creative problem solver with the ability to identify and resolve moderately complex desk side and systems issues, including hands on installation and troubleshooting experience.
• Provide support for existing IT systems
• Provide support for the systems that update, enhance or replace existing IT systems
• Respond to incidents as directed by the COR or through ticketing system
• Record the description, serial number, customer name, barcode, vendor information, and location of all deployed/received equipment in Remedy or other asset tracking system
• Track and manage all DO hardware/software related warranties through Remedy or other specified asset database
• Swap out existing and/or install new desktops/laptops at designated employee office area locations including ensuring employees have required equipment at time of arrival
• Ensure that equipment from unassigned workstations are removed from the floor and placed back into inventory
• Responsible for imaging both new and targeted recycled desktop/laptop's with standard image
• Wiping data from hard drives of computers to be recycled or placed in surplus
• Backing-up/moving files on existing workstations to be replaced and/or reconfigured
• Performing minor manual software installations, as directed
• Minor cable adjustment/revisions within the office structure to connect desktop/office equipment
• Troubleshoot problems arising with hardware to determine whether they are hardware or software related, and attempting to assess and remedy the problem on the spot
• Configuring and deploying new and reconfiguring existing printers
• Changing PC and printer network cards
• Mobile device support (Blackberry, iPhones, iPads, Androids)
• Hands on experience in Desktop Support and Software Support of Microsoft OS and Office Platforms
• Knowledge of PC hardware configurations, including, network printers, VoIP phones, peripherals and related software
• Very effective troubleshooting skills
• High level of customer service skills, and ability to fluctuate technical communication level to suit user's needs
• Ability to analyze technical problems and provide logical and effective solutions
• Knowledgeable of network principles and operation to troubleshoot network issues vs. desktop issues
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Ability to collaborate with various people and organizations in an effort to develop win/win results
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask
• Windows 7
• Office 2010
• Network/LAN connectivity
• Active Directory
• Citrix, Symantec EndPoint Encryption, Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and above
• Blackberry, iOS and Android OS
• Experience with Remedy 8/9 ticketing system
• Printer installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
• Minor office reconfigurations
• Certifications: A+, Security+, HDI, ITIL Foundations 2011
• Associates degree or higher
3 to 5 years of technical experience
Public Trust, US Citizen
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for End User Support Technician/Tier 2 Deskside - 1273
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly