Information Systems Technician - TS/SCI Req'd
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides user accounts and password resets to Windows users.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Maintain customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner as well as providing technical support and training to customers
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers and team members.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
Ability to troubleshoot issues ranging from physical hardware, to network, to user profiles
- It is preferred applicant has a working knowledge of Windows system administration and server backups
- Ability to manage and document approved changes to the enterprise baseline
- Experience with thin client set-up and Active Directory
- Understanding of SCCM and other remote management tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in information system troubleshooting and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.