Director, Technology Client Support Services
4 days left
- Full Time
Director, Technology Client Support Services
Prince George's Community College
Largo, MD 20774
Prince George's Community College transforms students' lives. The college exists to educate, train, and serve our diverse populations through accessible, affordable, and rigorous learning experiences. We are proud to boast of a multi-talented and diverse workforce as well as offering a competitive benefits package and services that will add to your potential and work/life balance. We are looking to attract and retain individuals who are committed to helping our students succeed. In return, you will find PGCC an exciting place to work and grow.
Provides vision and strategic direction for client and academic support services for students, faculty, and staff college-wide. Responsibilities includes management of computer labs and common technology spaces, service desk, desktop support, equipment repair, software licensing and software development. Ensures coordinated support for Enterprise Technology efforts and initiatives.
- Master’s degree required.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience, and three years’ experience managing client support services.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience with ITIL or similar standards, certification preferred.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Ability to manage, motivate and evaluate professional IT staff.
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Ability to conduct user presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service in a high stress environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement effective plans for service delivery.
- Ability to lead complex problems to resolution.
- Ability to manage personnel who troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex integration problems, related to Colleague.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation skills.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written Standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
This position requires accessibility via cell phone during business and non-business hours.
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Prince George’s Community College is a smoke and tobacco-free college.
Prince George’s Community College supports and embraces cultural diversity, understood as the creation and promotion of an inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for everyone. We accept and value differences, including differences in age, race, national origin, ethnicity, religious affiliation, political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, and ability/disability. We strive for growth and success for all of our students, employees, business partners, and the community.
Prince George's Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action/Title IX/Section 504/ADA Institution. The Chief of Staff, Room 130, Kent Hall coordinates the college’s program of nondiscrimination.