Production and Editorial Specialist
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals take the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others and help them achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking a Specialist in our Production and Editorial Department. This position is responsible for the collection and maintenance of publishing metadata for all ATD books and other publications, as well as the data collection and database management associated with preparing royalty statements. This is the perfect position for someone who loves data management, working with numbers, and wrangling with Excel. It’s not an editorial or design position.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience and comfort working with databases.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and VLookups.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Above-average analytical and communication skills.
- Extremely logical thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable owning projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience in publishing and associations are a plus.
- Collect and validate metadata to meet specific distribution channel requirements. Distribution channels include direct to customer sales, Amazon, trade distributors, special sales, and international distributors.
- Ensure all data is accurate and current within the correct database, as well as deliver high quality data on a timely basis to all channels.
- Help to develop and document best metadata practices to meet all business needs.
- Manage royalties data and process for the publications team. Compile payment data and maintain databases and spreadsheets needed to generate royalty statements for authors.
- Work with departmental leadership and the finance team to implement royalties management system.
- Maintain relationships with all licensing partners.
- Maintain all ATD publications and rules on Copyright Clearance Center.
- Provide rights management support.
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
We lead the industry. And our industry changes the world. Apply today!