Principle Engineer - SCCM
Roles & Responsibilities:
Serves as a System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Engineer lead and a key member of the organization's Systems Center Support Team. Primary responsibilities include patch management, update and application packaging and distribution, operating system deployment (OSD), IT system security related issues, threat mitigation and reporting, analyzing data to spot trends, managing patches for software certifications, data collection and reporting. Provides highly technical and/or specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the distributed computing environment. The SCCM engineer shall be knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas, including client computer hardware and operating systems, end-user desktop software, remote management, IAVA process, and end-user device security management and patching. Responsible for in-depth knowledge of IAVA requirements and deployment, and system configuration of operating systems and applications to ensure the operational capability and security of the Command's IT networks. Team members shall be directly responsible for the development, integration and production SCCM server infrastructure suites on multiple LANs and looked to include server and application configuration, project documentation, C&A support, and production Tier III support for the enterprise customer base.
- SCCM 2012 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting experience
- Full understanding of SCCM 2007, 2012 Hierarchy including troubleshooting
- Ability to create Advertisement/Collections/Packages/Applications within an SCCM 2012 environment
- Understanding of setup/use/troubleshooting of software deployment "Maintenance Windows".
- Full understanding of downloading and deploying Software Updates within SCCM 2012.
- Understanding of Operating System Deployment (OSD) in SCCM 2012
- Reporting with Systems Management Center Systems Management Server or SCCM 2012
- Software packaging \scripting experience
- Evaluate alternatives for deploying and supporting applications in a managed environment
- Provide Tier 3 support for escalated desktop issues in relation to application deployment
- Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing objectives and continuously develops and implements improved practices
- Applicant must be able to work in a team environment with other systems administrators as well as work with other computer/facility support organizations and work well multi-tasking various related efforts
- Must have good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must possess current Security+ Certification with appropriate Computer Environment certification in compliance with DOD 8570.01
- Position requires a current Top Secret SCI Clearance
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- MCSA or MCSE certification a plus
- Previous work experience in an enterprise level virtualized environment
- Experience as a Windows/Linux System Administrator supporting a large Enterprise with knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2008/2012 or 2012 R2, Linux/UNIX Operating Systems