Web Communications Manager
The Web Communications Manager supports the ongoing web and online product development activities of Child Welfare Information Gateway to effectively accomplish the Children’s Bureau’s priorities of communicating cutting-edge knowledge and information to the child welfare field. The Coordinator will be capable of providing oversight and support for web production including effective development of online content for multiple channels and applications as well as administrating content management systems. The Coordinator will work with the Digital Manager, Web Specialists, Content Specialists, CB staff, and other identified content contributors to enhance the user experience on CB’s websites.
• Work closely with the Digital Manager (supervisor) to develop strategies for managing web projects and enhancing e-communications channels for government clients
• Provide day-to-day oversight and work with individual team members to manage a large volume of deliverables within established scope and timeframes
• Help build consensus by engaging internal stakeholders and client, and serve as point of contact for ongoing web project work
• Work with the Digital Manager and team members to elicit requirements from client, including subject matter experts
• Facilitate assigned meetings and prepare visual materials to convey information and gather input about web projects from a variety of audiences
• Maintain project plans, develop SOPs, and provide key written communications for stakeholders, including ad hoc, periodic, and annual reports
• Ensure quality of team communications with the client
• Review key analytics and evaluation data to enhance web design and user experience
• Coordinate moving accessible products and multimedia presentations to the web (PDFs, webinars, videos, etc.), working with vendors as needed
• Supervise at least one Web Specialist
• Bachelor’s degree and training/experience in Information Technology, Web Design and Development, or Digital Communications.
• At least 8 years proven experience developing requirements and coordinating web production as well as creating and maintaining web content according to best practices.
• At least 8 years in a project management role for digital/web work.
• A minimum of 5 years web traffic monitoring/analytics experience. Understanding of search engine optimization.
• Proven and exceptional project management experience in website development for government clients
• Fluency in online content publishing and best practices, including Section 508 compliance and guidelines
• Familiarity with HTML, interface design, and content management systems for high volume web sites
• Use of Google Analytics and/or WebTrends for analytics and reporting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook
• Background in human services a plus
• Has organized and logical approach when tracking project tasks and provides thorough follow-through via a variety of communications
• Ability to work collaboratively and transparently with manager and stakeholders
• Possesses excellent and effective oral and written communication skills with track record of producing formal reports and client communications
• Utilizes proven project management, supervision, and team building techniques
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.