Sr Manager, Project/Task
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks. The position is responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks and supervising more than 25 employees, both exempt and non-exempt, and including two or more subordinate supervisors and managers. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection. 1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects. 2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate managers. 3. Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting. 4. Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work. 5. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks. 6. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload. 7. Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison. 8. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client. 9. Coordinates development of deliverables and products. 10. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 12. Participates in special projects as required. Education
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management, Education, or Psychology preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working directly with Naval Construction Force, Civil Engineering Corp and US Navy Environmental customers in a leadership role for training research, curriculum analysis and development.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working with and managing staff in the use of AIM I/II/CPM/LOM.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working with and managing staff in the use of US Navy Training instructions, to include but not limited to:
- NAVEDTRA 130, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, and 138 (series)NETCINST 1510.3 (NETC BCA)NETC End to End Development ProcessCSFE Instruction 1540.3 (series), Training and Administration ManualDepartment of Defense Handbook, MIL-HDBK-29612, all parts
- Experience with Navy Training Systems Plans (NTSP) and Training Situation Document (TSD)
- Experience with OPNAVINST 1500.76C, Naval Training Systems Requirements, Acquisition, and Management
- Knowledge of and/or experience developing a TEEP/TEE