- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.Network experience
- Monitors network to ensure its availability to all users. Observes and controls the status and performance of all components of network facilities. Identifies, diagnoses and resolves problems affecting network performance.
- A Network Control Specialist should have a working knowledge of the terrestrial network infrastructure including hardware (routers, switches, etc.), technologies, (fiber, copper, etc.), protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, etc.) and WANs (standard connectivity and data rate, etc.).
- A Network Control Specialist must possess working knowledge and experience with Cisco routers (1841's, 3745's, 3845's, 76XX's, etc.), routed networks, routed and routing protocols as well as in-depth knowledge of Cisco, Foundry and Juniper switches (i.e., CAT 3550's, CAT 3750's, CAT 6500's, FES 2402's, FES 4802's, etc.).
- The Network Control Specialist must have the ability to interpret and resolve customer requirements, perform configuration management of multiple IP networks, complete software updates of equipment, perform network troubleshooting, and improve network performance.
- The Network Control Specialist must have Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent experience.
- Conduct secure equipment (e.g., secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying material inventories, inspections and other COMSEC related support and oversight functions
- Perform installation of secure telephone equipment (STE) and coordinate to deliver encryption device(s) and keying material to select Information Technology (IT) specialists maintaining classified networks
- Administer to document control program to account for COMSEC equipment and materials
- Conduct inventories per agency policy and reports any discrepancy to government customer
- Courier classified information and author receipts for classified materials
- Ensure Automated Information Systems Security requirements, related to COMSEC duties, are complied
- Ensure proper physical security accreditation has been issued by designated Program Security Officers for supported facilities
- Train personnel in COMSEC procedures and the use of related equipment
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTia Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.