- Full Time
The Executive Assistant manages multiple day-to-day activities relating to scheduling, travel, accounting, and correspondence.
- Undergraduate degree.
- At least three years of relevant administrative experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and two Vice Presidents including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Arranges travel and meetings by collaborating with program divisions to develop itineraries and agendas; schedules travel and reconciliations through Concur, and makes other necessary arrangements as needed.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the COO and Vice Presidents, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the COO and Vice Presidents to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place and keeping the Vice Presidents updated.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Supports the summer Internship program by assisting with recruitment and coordinating interviews, arranging off-site visits to area institutions and being a general daily point of contact for participants.
- Works with Executive Assistant to the President and Executive Vice President to assist all members of the Executive Office, including covering duties when she is out of the office.
- Assists Executive Assistant and External Affairs Associate with facilitation of internal events such as brown bag lunches, trainings, and staff appreciation events.
- Supports the maintenance of IRI’s contact database
- Provides support of Board meeting preparations such as binder creation and mailing, and staffing the day of as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.