Cash Receipt Specialist
Responsible for providing support to Lease Administration, entering daily transactions and processing cash receipts for various entities assigned using a variety of accounting software packages. Reports to Lease Administration Manager.
- Processes daily wires, ACH payments, lockbox payments, in-house deposits and remote deposits via check scanner
- Researches cash receipts without corresponding charges and follow up with PM
- Performs cash application duties as required
- Scans cash receipts and cash applications to ShareFile
- Processes billing adjustments, wire transfers and other incoming payments and ensure that proper backup and approval is complete prior to processing
- Attends periodic A/R meetings with Sr. Lease Administrator, Accountant and Property Manager regarding outstanding aging report
- Address and resolves cash receipt inquiries
- Reconciles accounts receivable ledger monthly to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Maintains aging reports for receivables
- Responsible for maintenance and retention of reports and records
- Answers routine questions from internal and external clients
- Other related duties may be assigned as necessary
- The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Organizational Relationships: Interacts with accounting staff, corporate divisions, property management and outside clients.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably MRI and/or Yardi but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of transactions while maintaining attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to analyze account activity
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Two years of cash receipts experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting: 70%
- Standing: 10%
- Walking: 20%