Entry-level Accounting Professional. Examines a variety of financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance with uniform accounting classifications. Reconciles reports and financial data with statements on file and points out apparent inconsistencies or errors. May prepare simple financial statements not involving problems or analysis. Prepares tables, charts, and other exhibits for reports. Applies general professional-level knowledge and principals of accounting to solve problems requiring the identification and analysis of non-routine factors. Uses independent judgment and discretion to determine or recommend best course of action. Receives guidance or expertise from manager or higher-level staff. Supports the Mission of Trinity and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum licensure/certification required:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, or related field, from an accredited university
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
• 0-3 years of accounting experience.
• Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles. This includes conceptual understanding of the business cycle.
• Working knowledge of accruals and accrual accounting
• Knowledge of accounting systems, computerized databases, spreadsheets and document preparation is essential. Computer and data entry skills are required.
• Oral and written communication skills are required with the ability to deal with information of a confidential nature.
• Ability to function independently once a task is assigned.
• Strong organizational skills.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.