TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR - SPECIAL NEEDS
- Graduation from college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in pupil transportation of any equivalent combination of education and experience in pupil transportation school bus operations, personnel management, and school maintenance and management.
- Exhibits an understanding of Special Education Transportation laws as well as policies, regulations, standards and objectives of Loudoun County Public Schools.
- Knowledge of personnel management, routing procedures and applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Virginia Commercial Driver’s License with school bus endorsement.
The Transportation Coordinator - Special Needs Transportation reports to Transportation Supervisor.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Transportation Coordinator-Special Needs is responsible for managing and overseeing programs that provide transportation assistance to children with mental, psychological, learning, behavioral, or physical disabilities. The Transportation Coordinator-Special Needs will have an understanding of Special Education Transportation Laws and function as the liaison and information link between parents, LCPS central office and schools to ensure safe and efficient transportation for special need students.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend IEP meetings for special needs students requiring special transportation.
- Work with LCPS Administrative Offices and schools to ensure students requiring special need transportation is input into Phoenix in a timely manner for Transportation to route.
- Manage and monitor approximately 1000+ Special Needs student records in Edulog system and routing data in the Phoenix database to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate and organize extended school year special needs transportation requirements.
- Manage and ensure safe and efficient transportation for special needs students. Maintains a close working relationship with other departments, transportation staff and parents.
- Oversee parent notification of Special Needs routing changes and receive and follow up on issues and complaints.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON CLOSING DATE.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 1
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -