Solv seeks a Facilities/Energy Engineer to provide on-site, full-time support to a client in Washington, DC. Job duties include oversight and assistance with:
- ASHRAE Level I, II, and III energy audits;
- Commissioning and re/retro-commissioning projects;
- Energy project request for proposal (RFP)/statement of work (SOW) development;
- Oversight of energy and water efficiency projects (installation and implementation);
- Utility data management, benchmarking, and analysis;
- Utility invoice reviews/audits;
- Advanced metering project implementation;
- Preparation of energy and sustainability performance reports;
- Energy awareness, outreach, and training materials; and
- Sustainable building management procedures.
Responsibilities also include:
- Briefings and presentations to clients and stakeholders;
- Providing clear technical direction to staff and tracking work progress, budgets, and schedules;
- Writing energy project narratives, standard operating procedures, and process descriptions; and
- Collaboration with facility management staff, utility personnel, environmental staff, and other stakeholders.
Candidates must possess 3 to 7 years of experience in facilities/energy management, along with a BS and/or MS in engineering (e.g., mechanical, electrical, energy management, building systems) or a similar energy/sustainability-related field. Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical, technical writing, and verbal communication skills. Accreditation as a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Energy Manager in Training (EMIT) is preferred. Related experience with federal government agencies is preferred. Engineer Intern (EI) or Professional Engineer (PE) license, or professional commissioning certification is considered a plus.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and be able to pass a background check for a security clearance. EOE M/F/D/V. Please reply at the following email address and include “Facilities/Energy Engineer (WP Spring 2017)” in the subject line - email@example.com. The email should include a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the position.