Solv seeks an Energy Engineer to provide on-site, full-time support to a client in Washington DC. Job duties include oversight and assistance with:
- Utility data management and analysis;
- Utility invoice reviews/audits;
- Preparation of energy and sustainability performance reports;
- Energy awareness, outreach, and training materials;
- Advanced metering implementation;
- Energy project request for proposal (RFP)/statement of work (SOW) development;
- Oversight of energy and water efficiency projects (installation and implementation);
- Utility rebate and incentive programs;
- Commercial/institutional energy audits;
- Commissioning and re/retro-commissioning;
- Renewable energy project feasibility analysis and development;
- Greenhouse gas inventory development; and
- Sustainable building management procedures.
Responsibilities also include:
- Briefings and presentations to clients and stakeholders;
- Providing technical direction to staff and tracking work progress, budgets, and schedules;
- Writing project narratives, standard operating procedures, and process descriptions; and
- Collaboration with facility management staff, utility personnel, environmental staff, and other stakeholders.
Candidates must possess 4 to 7 years of experience in energy management, along with a BS and/or MS in engineering (e.g., mechanical, electrical, energy management, building systems) or a similar energy/sustainability-related field. Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical, technical writing, and verbal communication skills. Registration as a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Energy Manager in Training (EMIT) is strongly preferred. Related experience with federal government agencies is preferred. Engineer Intern (EI) or Professional Engineer (PE) license, LEED accreditation, or professional commissioning certification is considered a plus.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and be able to pass a background check for a security clearance. EOE M/F/D/V. Please reply at the following email address and include “Energy Engineer (WP Spring 2017)” in the subject line - firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the position. Candidates should also submit undergraduate and graduate transcripts (if applicable).
Apply for Energy Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly