Candidate will be the Primary Lead with our cusotmer reporting daily activities and situataional awareness of the contract and systems availability. Additionally, he will supervise five (5) IT Technicans ensuring contract IT requirmenets are properly perfomred and all metrics are contractually met. He will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Additionally, he will perfomr the following task:
Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring; install security patches and STIGs as required; Operating System (OS) installation; and other local area system administration related functions.
Candidate must have experience in the management and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure utilizing VMware vSphere 5.5 (ESXi, vCenter) and the understanding / experience in systems hardening based on the STIG findings utilizing the STIGs and SRGs guidelines for hardening the IIS systems.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. A minimum of three years of relevant technical experience in the administration of networked desktop and server systems. Systems Administrators shall have all applicable operating systems certifications required for the server and storage hardware that is part of the current SITE operational baseline. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems; computer science; math; or engineering). An additional four years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree.
Requires Security+CE certification and MCSA-Server 2012 (cert 70-410, 70-411 or 70-412) only one required at time of hire but all are required within 6 months to meet requirements
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.