Director of Marketing
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Director of Marketing reports to the VP, Public Affairs and Member Services. The Director is the chief copywriter and is responsible for creating and executing marketing plans across the organization. He/She is both a strategic and tactical and actively builds and maintains strong partnerships with staff and chapters to provide innovative marketing direction and ensures marketing efforts are coordinated and communicated in an effective manner. He/she works closely with the Senior Director of Public Affairs and the rest of the team to utilize the most relevant and appropriate digital and print delivery strategies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Create and implement a clear marketing vision and strategy that leverages the ABC brand and our unique industry position
- Serve on brand identity development team
- Co-develop Brand Center image library and secure needed photography with appropriate rights.
- Serve on abc.org website development staff team
- Stay current on trends and innovations in marketing in the construction, association, credentialing and event production industries
- Serve as the subject matter expert for email marketing, including the selection and management of vendors.
- In cooperation with the Director of Chapter Communications, develop chapter resources to market ABC programs (STEP, AQC and FindContractors.com) and events.
- Solicit quotes, testimonials and reviews from members that can be used for marketing ABC events and services.
- Implement SEO strategies to increase website visibility
- Track and measure the effectiveness of all marketing initiatives
- Lead member/chapter education sessions on marketing at ABC conferences
- Manage graphic designer
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize against deadlines
- Creative approach to design and ability to translate concepts into high-quality products working with in-house graphic designer
- Expertise in email marketing/marketing automation programs for a trade association or professional society
- Experience producing videos; video editing experience a plus
- Strong leader and team player with excellent relationship skills and a proven ability to manage a team to success
- Bachelor’s degree required; further education a plus
- 10+ years of marketing experience
- 4+ years of managing direct reports
- 5+ years of experience in new media/digital environment
- Effective budget and ROI management skills
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and on deadline
- Excellent oral and written communication, copywriting, and proofreading/editing skills
- Ability to effectively research various audiences and target with appropriate communications
- Organizational awareness and resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage to identify solutions and resolve issues
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work comfortably, efficiently and effectively in a demanding work schedule
- Ability to take ownership of a process and use problem solving skills to address issues
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Production of materials reflecting accuracy and close attention to detail.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.