Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Public Affairs and is tasked with supporting a broad range of marketing and communications activities related to ABC’s events, member programs and outreach to ABC chapters and members.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Draft, edit and/or proofread a variety of communications, including, but not limited to:
- News releases
- Stories for Newsline
- ABC’s weekly enewsletter
- Website copy
- Marketing communications
- Responsible for ABC Events app.
- Oversee production of electronic and onsite printed materials for ABC events.
- Oversee the photographers and videographers and manage production of final work product.
- Support the sponsorship team to coordinate sponsorship deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong writing and copywriting skills, specifically marketing programs or services.
- Proofreading experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in journalism, marketing, digital media and communications; or Associate’s degree with 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize against deadlines.
- Tech savvy, experience with email marketing systems and apps very helpful.
- Excellent oral and written communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to complete highly accurate work with close attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of email marketing systems
- Knowledge of the interplay between print and digital media, including social media and content marketing.
- Video production and editing skills
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness; understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities Marketing/Communications Manager, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.