Administrator, Systems w/Polygraph
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Based out of Reston, VA and will work primarily in the Dulles corridor but could be asked to work at other locations in the WMA.
8:00-4:30 - Flex currently not available.
Might be required to work 1 or 2 days of rotating late duty per week and participate in pager duty schedule.
* Responsible for receiving, coordinating, analyzing, tracking and resolving multiple customer requests. These include, but are not limited to providing technical support on hardware and software, diagnosing and resolving computer-related problems, coordinating customer requirements with the network team, assisting with the implementation of hardware/software upgrades and deliveries, and reporting unresolved problems to the appropriate technical personnel via customer tool.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Extensive knowledge about administering restricted data, EMS and Share Drive accesses and ability to manage for large offices in a high, fast-paced environment.
* Excellent customer service consulting and desktop diagnostic skills.
* Working knowledge of customer business applications
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.