Sr. Information Security Analyst
GDIT Security Operations Center (SOC) is seeking a Senior Incident Response analyst to support vulnerability management, threat monitoring, event analysis and incident response tasks. Core responsibilities will be to conduct enterprise-level security assessments, assist in the build and design of secure corporate solutions, participate in project management activities, provide cyber subject matter expertise and support the operations of the GDIT SOC. Additional duties include the management of IBM Proventia IPS and Incident Response investigations.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 5-8 years of solid Windows, Linux and Networking experience
- Strong comprehension of information and network security practices, and a broad understanding of networking including ports and protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Experience with HPE ArcSight ESM and Logger platforms
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL databases and SQL query language
- Experience with coding and PHP scripting
- Strong background with Linux/UNIX, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, and antivirus systems
- Familiar with secure Client/Server web communications, log management systems, incident response, security monitoring, and database skills a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledgeable in vulnerability and software auditing tools such as Acunetix, Nessus, Burp Suite, and Kali Linux distribution programs
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.