Boutique DC firm has an opening for an experienced Paralegal. The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of progressive experience within a law firm or in-house legal department. This individual would be responsible for assisting other paralegals and attorneys with complex mass tort settlements, including, administering class action and individual settlements, claims processing, including, tracking bankruptcies, probates, and liens asserted against settlements, compiling medical records, tracking claimant data.
- Provide support for a variety of client matters, including processing of settled claims, preparation for client meetings and negotiations, research, and general attorney matter support
- Review and analyze medical records, legal and financial documents
- Maintain various Excel tracking charts; ability to manipulate and sort data, prepare reports and statistics
- Maintain accurate records both electronically and physically
- Ability to incur overtime in order to perform the essential duties of the position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with document management programs, web-based conference call/web-sharing applications, Adobe Products, Pacer and Westlaw
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to perform effectively with little or no supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines
Metro Accessible, outstanding benefits and competitive salary. Great opportunity to be involved in an unique practice area and work with exceptional individuals in a team-oriented environment.
Submit resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org