Construction Management Full-time Faculty
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Science, Engineering and Technology Division is seeking an outstanding faculty member to teach construction management courses, develop curriculum, engage and advise students and manage the construction management program. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence that includes an ability to draw from experience in the construction industry, employ innovative teaching strategies, and integrate technology appropriately into their teaching. Preference may be given to applicants qualified to teach one or more CAD and/or engineering courses. Applicants must be willing to teach day and/or evening courses.
Faculty duties include:
* Manage the construction management certificate and degree programs.
* Teach lecture and lab classes.
* Develop curriculum and participate in program and course assessment.
* Coordinate and support adjunct faculty.
* Advise students.
* Participate in division and general college activities.
* Minimum of a master's degree in Construction Management, or a closely related field
* Minimum of 1 year of college level teaching experience
* At least 2 years of full-time experience in construction management
Work Schedule: based on course load
Compensation: Commensurate based on experience, plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
Grade: 10-month faculty
FLSA: Exempt from overtime
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: May 30, 2017; This position starts in the fall of 2017.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
* Cover letter specifically addressing the general requirements as listed above citing recruitment number.
* Statement of Teaching Philosophy that describes your views about teaching and student learning.
* Resume that includes all work experience including clear delineation of full- and part-time employment (dates, places, job titles, and duties).
* Copies of official or unofficial transcripts. (2 mb or less)