Veterinarian Technician III
This position supports the General Dynamics Information Technology program commitment of Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, Texas.
- Conduct and support surgical procedure, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, appropriate animal housing, record keeping, insuring specific pathogen free techniques
- Daily handling and restraint of various small and large animal species.
- Maintain traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, quality assurance procedures and record keeping
- Conduct daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards
- Assist in preparation of purchase requests for animal procurement and coordination of shipping procedures
- Assist in preparation of purchase requests and assist with maintenance of inventory of supplies
- Coordinate animal research work activities between contractor Research Scientist, animal care staff, and research laboratory technicians
- Oversee the work of junior level contract personnel
- Set up, operate, modify and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus
- Provide additional functionality incidental to research activities
Associates Degree in a scientific or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
3-5 years of related scientific experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.