Health Sciences Program Administrator
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Provides full range of high-level professional program support to Health Sciences Division. Responsible for supervising, administrative, complex accounting, and clerical support of Health Sciences Division Programs including Dental Hygiene, Emergency Medical Services Medical Lab Technician, Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiologic Technology, Sonography, and Human Performance. Liaison for all Health Sciences Building issues/events. Oversee accreditation submissions and site visit organization. Monitor all Division Budgets, coordinate supplies, pursue bids, and establish accounts with medical product facilities. Coordinate Schedule of Classes and Catalog for all Division programs. Responsible for maintenance of central repository of all division documents.
* Hire and train Full Time (FT) and hourly support staff, including 3-4 full time positions and temporary staff
* Establish accounts with new vendors for individual program supplies; order and receive items; seek quotes and bids for capital expenditures, input purchase requests, initiate payment.
* Prepare and submit requested documentation for board of trustees
* Serve as cost center monitor for all division grants.
* Maintain all C&I records (new and revised courses and programs) for the division.
* Support Division and Associate Chair/Dean in all matters
* Support all programs within the divisions, including Nursing, Emergency Medical Services, Radiologic Technology, Cardiovascular Technology, Sonography, Physical Therapist Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technician, Dental Hygiene, and Health Sciences.
* Baccalaureate degree, masters preferred with related experience required.
* Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience, Account/bookkeeping experience
* 1 year supervisory experience
* Courses or work experience in management skills and extensive computer skills.Continued updating to learn new software and equipment.
* Computer, electronic mail, telephone including voicemail, copier, scantron, fax machine, calculator, laser printers and scanner.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Ability to use Colleague
* Knowledge of college procedures related to disciplines within the division, admissions and registration, budget, personnel matters, contracts, proficiency examinations and independent studyhighly preferred
* Knowledge of Regulatory and Accrediting bodies' procedures related to agreements, licensing examinations, and agency correspondence highly preferred
* Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
* Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, occasional weekends, occasional evenings
Compensation: $59,334 plus excellent health insurance paid leave and tuition reimbursement.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled:
Best Consideration: May 31, 2017
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
* Cover letter