Tech Control Facility Technician II
Intermediate “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.Intermediate experience in maintenance/troubleshooting of Tech Control Facility equipment as specified in the task order to include the following:NET Promina equipmentKG, KY, KIV and ancillariesCISCO Routers/SwitchesPatch panels/maintenance panelsFiber optic modems and interface cards Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
- Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve moderately complex problems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
- Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
- Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
- May provide operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required