Information Security Architect - TS/SCI - RAF Molesworth
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. 1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. 2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. 3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. 4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. 5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. 6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. 7. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. 8. Analyzes the information systems to ensure that appropriate security functions have been included in the systems design and architecture. 9. Performs preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems. 10. Leads the development and implementation of the information systems security programs 11. Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required Education Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. Qualifications
- 15-20 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Must possess and maintain a US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire
- Additional specific certifications may be required
- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide