Human Subjects Research Assistant - Defense and Veterans Brain Injury
Summary: The Research Assistant is responsible for assisting with the performance of clinical investigation projects in a clinical setting, including recruitment of potential study subjects, collection and organization of data, scheduling patients for follow up appointments.
- Performs data entry for clinical investigation projects and maintains databases. Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols. Maintains study related documents and supplies in the investigator’s office; secures, organizes and documents as required following all federal/ state regulations. Creates, collects, disseminates, maintains appropriate files of study data, and assists with review and completion of study manuals and SOPs. Screens consents and/or schedules potential research participants for testing or evaluation. Facilitates follow-up assessment reminders and scheduling.Extracts data from patient medical records; transcribes and resolves data queries in case report forms (hardcopy or electronic); prepares documents, under direction of project leaders; reports statistical analyses and descriptive data from patient's study books to be used in research/clinical investigations/studies reports. Maintains awareness and compliance of research regulatory issues. Communicates regularly with study team, under direction of project leaders, via email and conference calling as needed. Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Human Subjects training required.
- Minimum Experience: 0-2 years’ experience in research/clinical investigations/studies required.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- US Citizenship - must be able to obtain a National Security Clearance
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. May encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive.