Residential Mortgage Closer
PenFed is hiring a Residential Mortgage Closer in Omaha, NE . The incumbent performs final preparation and audit of all documents needed for closing.
**Overtime may be required during periods of heavy workload to meet closing deadlines.Essential Functions
- Reviews title and survey for exceptions.
- Reviews and audits loan documentation to ensure all underwriting conditions have been met.
- Calculates closing figures.
- Reviews and approves final HUD1 Settlement Statement.
- Prints closing documents and/or transmits closings documents through ELYNX to the settlement office.
- Audits closing documents and obtains any missing documents prior to the time of closing.
- Coordinates funding of the loan with the Accounting and Wire Departments and works to resolve any GL booking issues.
- Answers all inquiries regarding closing issues and scheduling.
- Maintains a working knowledge of VA and purchase loan closing documentation, required loan conditions, and post closing follow up.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all federal, state, investor and internal policies and procedures with regard to closings.
- Provides support and guidance as needed to the 1st Mortgage Post Closing Clerks
- Assists with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- This is not intended to be an all- inclusive list of job duties.
- High School diploma or combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Two years related experience in mortgage lending.
- Good math skills and be detailed oriented.
- Note: If an employee is in a bilingual position, their responsibilities will cover both English and Spanish speaking assignments related to the job duties listed in this job description. They must also speak fluent Spanish and may be required to pass a Spanish language proficiency test.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.