This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions.
Cut Off dates are Thursday, June 1, 2017 and Friday, June 16, 2017. Applications received after the cut-off dates will receive consideration through the closing date.Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
**This HHS position meets the criteria outlined in OMB M-17-18 and is EXEMPT from the hiring freeze.**
NOTE: This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
Positions may be filled as General Nurse Consultants, Cardiac Nurse Consultants, Neuro Nurse Consultants, or Renal Nurse Consultants. Please select one or more appropriate specialization area listed in the questionnaire sections of the announcement.
Some positions may be filled as Permanent, Temporary, or Term Appointments.
This announcement is being used to create an inventory of qualified applicants for Nurse Consultant positions and will be used to fill immediate and future vacancies.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
This position may be subject to strict prohibited financial interest regulations for the employee, the spouse, and minor children of the employee. The applicant may be required to contact the FDA Ethics and Integrity Staff to discuss these regulations and file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 450) which this position may have, and/or limit the ability of the employee to perform certain official functions. Until the FDA Ethics and Integrity staff clear the selectee for this position, a final offer letter may not be granted.
- Occasional Travel
- This position may require occasional travel.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A. Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed. Note: You must submit a copy of your transcript.
B. Registration: Must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Note: An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within six (6) months of appointment. A person appointed pending registration may not be retained beyond six (6) months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained. Note: You must submit a copy of your active, current registration.
MINIMUM QUALFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements, you must meet the following:
Have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates experience reviewing, evaluating and assessing the integrity and quality of clinical aspects of program operations; providing direction in the development and execution of multiple projects; negotiating acceptance and implementation of recommendations; and providing authoritative nursing consultation and technical advice.
You must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: May vary by Center
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
Q - Nonsensitive