IT Specialist (INFOSEC/SYSADMIN)
America's Combat Logistics Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
- 25% or Greater
- Travel is required
To qualify for an IT Specialist (INFOSEC/SYSADMIN), your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-13 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Assisting in ensuring compliance with organization information assurance requirements.
- Monitoring system and data security requirements.
- Participating in technical seminars and conference involving current and future IT capabilities, technologies, and initiatives.
- Participating in project management for information management or related areas.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work Schedule: Full time
Tour of Duty: Set Schedule
Overtime Work: Frequently
Security Requirements: Critical Sensitive w/ Top Secret Access
Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: No
Reemployed Annuitant: Does not meet criteria
The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
Mission Essential: Yes
For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at: