Food and Beverage Attendant (Snack Bar) NA-02
*** NOTE: The announcement close date has been extended to Monday, 2 October 2017 to accept additional applications.
The Lanes Fort Meade welcomes you to one of the finest bowling facilities in the military! The Lanes Fort Meade is a family fun center featuring 36 lanes of bowling, a full service Pro Shop (#1 in the Army), and a sensational café offering a variety of traditional league bowling, as well as open play for the recreational bowler.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. Applications received on or before the cut-off date will be referred to management for consideration. Positions are filled/referred on a continuous basis.
1st Cut-Off Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: Tuesday, June 13, 2017
3rd Cut-Off Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017
4th Cut-Off Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017
5th Cut-Off Date: To be determined
The pay for this position will be set at step 01 of the grade ($10.09PH). Applicants with previous NAF service may be eligible for a higher hourly rate upon verification of prior service and previous rate.
Work Schedule:Flexible (Intermittent) positions are scheduled on an as-needed basis. Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required (increased hours during holidays).
Area of Consideration: within the local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Must meet state/local age requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages.
3. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
5. Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required (increased hours during holidays).
6. Successful completion of a health assessment is required.
Physical Effort: This position requires regularly lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifting and carrying items weighing up to 40 pounds. Standing for prolonged periods.
1. Must meet state/local age requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages.
2. Ability to work without more than normal supervision.
3. Ability to keep things neat, clean, and in order.
4. Possess basic food preparation and handling techniques.
5. Ability to interpret verbal and written instructions.
6. Knowledge of basic sanitation principles.
7. Ability to use and maintain kitchen tools and equipment.
8. Able to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds and frequently walk, bend, stoop, pull, push and reach.
Skills and Knowledge:
Must have skill and knowledge to perform tasks involving several procedures and be able to concentrate on work assignments despite interruptions and distractions. A working knowledge of sanitation standards is required as well as knowledge of procedures to prevent contamination. Must know basic food handling techniques, personal hygiene standards and safe work procedures. Must have the ability to read and understand written material. Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals. Ability to apportion, weigh, and measure foods properly and to use electrical appliances, grills, stoves, ovens, and other common kitchen equipment and utensils. Ability to operate a cash register, run a snack bar and drive a food cart.
- Flexible (Intermittent) positions do not include eligibility for benefits however, flexible (intermittent) positions are eligible for non-competitive conversion of employment category (Flexible to Regular Part/Full Time) based on management's discretion.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Eligibility - Outside Applicant Non Veteran (OANV)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)