Intelligence Research Specialist
1 day left
- Full Time
Office of Protective Intelligence, Judicial Security Division,
United States Marshals Service (USMS)
The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
This position is located in the Office of Protective Intelligence, Judicial Security Division, United States Marshals Service (USMS). The Office of Protective Intelligence is responsible for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of protective intelligence relating to the safety and security of members of the Judiciary, USMS, protectees, employees, facilities, and missions.
- 25% or Greater
- 6-10 days per month
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the respective grade level(s) in which you are applying:
Specialized Experience: You must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service performing the following duties:
- Analyzing raw, primary and secondary data derived from various sources such as unclassified and classified database systems, intelligence reports, miscellaneous communications, case files, internal and external systems and other sources;
- Exploiting multiple social media platforms in support of criminal investigations
- Conducting criminal and intelligence research;
- Conducting tactical and strategic analysis;
- Reviewing, processing, and evaluating intelligence information from relational databases; and
- Analyzing data and providing assistance and recommendations to investigators and managers concerning criminal investigations and operational strategies.
- 4+ years experience in cyber threat intelligence or network operations;
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Intelligence Studies or related field and/or work experience.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htm
In addition, when reviewing applicant's transcripts, assumptions will not be made. Applicants MUST state which coursework is relevant.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.