2 days left
- Full Time
Information Technology Division/ Arlington, VA
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
This position is located in the Information Technology Division (ITD), United States Marshals Service (USMS). The incumbent serves as a Contract Specialist responsible for negotiating and administering contracts involving highly specialized procurements.
- Not Required
BASIC REQUIREMENT - You must meet ONE of the following:
- You must have at least 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions AND have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management (Must provide transcripts to verify).
- You are covered by the following exception to the basic qualification requirements: You are currently employed in the Federal service in a GS-1102 position at the GS-13 level or above and I occupied this position on January 1, 2000. (You must provide a copy of the SF50 that show you occupied a GS-1102-13 or higher grade level on January 1, 2000.)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement above, applicants must also meet the Specialized Experience below (This experience MUST be reflected in your resume).
GS-13: You must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level of the Federal service related to the line of work of this position and which equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. This experience included:
- Utilizing regulations and contracting principles and contract types to procure and administer a variety of contracts;
- Conducting negotiations during pre-award and post-award phases;
- Monitoring contractor performance;
- Analyzing industry and market conditions to determine sources; and
- Applying cost and price procedures and techniques to evaluate bids, contract proposals, and responsibility of contractors.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htm
In addition, when reviewing applicant's transcripts, assumptions will not be made. Applicants MUST state which coursework is relevant.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Public Trust - Background Investigation