Food Service Worker
Note to applicants: Please include the name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area.Fort Belvoir Morale, Welfare and Recreation
Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
Location: Fort Belvoir, Officers Club
HOW TO APPLY:
You must submit a complete application by 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date reflected on the vacancy announcement. A complete application contains a Resume (or DA Form 3433), any required documentation to support any preference/priority claims, certification, licensure or education requirements as well as a completed Occupational Questionnaire. All these documents must be uploaded/faxed/dropped off/mailed based on the application method. If faxing, mailing or dropping off in person, your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire must be completed on the OPM Form 1203-FX to receive consideration; no other document will be accepted instead of the OPM Form 1203-FX. You may apply for this position using one of the four methods identified below.
1. ONLINE (Preferred Method): Apply electronically via https://usajobs.gov. This will ensure faster processing of your application and provide faster status updates. You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone for easy access and convenience.
2. FAX: Fax your application package to (478) 757-3144. If faxing your application, your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire must be completed on the OPM Form 1203-FX to receive consideration.
3. MAIL: Mail or email your application package to the point of contact listed for this vacancy announcement. If mailing your application, your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire must be completed on the OPM Form 1203-FX to receive consideration.
4. IN PERSON: You may drop off your application package in person to the servicing CPAC, NAF HR Office listed as the point of contact for this vacancy announcement if you are within the area of the servicing CPAC, NAF HR Office.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. You may contact the servicing CPAC NAF DIVISION identified on the vacancy announcement for additional assistance.
*Application Forms and URL links provided below in the HOW TO APPLY section*
- Not Required
Ability to understand and follow simple instructions and be able to use hand tools for cleaning and operating simple machines.
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.