Continuity Programs Specialist, GS-0301-14 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) HK
5 days left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Department of Transportation (DOT), Office of the Secretary(OST), Office of Intelligence, Security and Emergency Response. This office is responsible for developing and managing the Continuity of Operations (COOP) program, for OST and Continuity of Government (COG) program for DOT. The COOP program ensures that OST has the ability to continue operations through any event that would deny access to DOT headquarters building. The COG program ensures that DOT's contribution to enduring constitutional government is in place.
Ideal Candidate: The Office of the Secretary of Transportation (OST) is looking for a motivated, self-reliant, skilled candidate that will be responsible for performing a wide range of analytical, operational planning, and interagency coordination assignments in support of the development, implementation and evaluation of the Department of Transportation's Continuity of Operations and Continuity of Government programs.
FLSA - Exempt
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel required.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the one year equal or equivalent specialized experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-14 on experience you must have:
- Experience in Continuity of Operations plan (COOP) and Continuity of Government (COG) program and setting/implementing requirements.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- DRUG TESTING: Tentatively selected candidates are required to undergo urinalysis in accordance with DOT 3910.1D entitled "Drug and Alcohol-Free Departmental Workplace." Therefore, if selected for the position you will be required to submit to a pre-employment/pre-appointment drug test, you will also be subject to Random Drug Testing.
- Security Clearance: Applicant of this position must have a current or immediately re-instateable permanent Top Secret/SCI Security clearance to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.