Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir,Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area. Fort Belvoir Morale, Welfare and Recreation
Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
Location: Fort Belvoir, Officers Club
HOW TO APPLY:
You must submit a complete application by 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date reflected on the vacancy announcement. A complete application contains a Resume (or DA Form 3433), any required documentation to support any preference/priority claims, certification, licensure or education requirements as well as a completed Occupational Questionnaire. All these documents must be uploaded/dropped off/mailed based on the application method. If mailing or dropping off in person, your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire must be completed on the OPM Form 1203-FX to receive consideration; no other document will be accepted instead of the OPM Form 1203-FX. You may apply for this position using one of the methods identified below.
1. ONLINE (preferred): Apply electronically via https://usajobs.gov. This will ensure faster processing of your application and provide faster status updates. You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone for easy access and convenience.
2. MAIL: Mail or email your application package to the point of contact listed for this vacancy announcement.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. You may contact the servicing CPAC NAF DIVISION identified on the vacancy announcement for additional assistance.
*Application Forms and URL links provided below in the HOW TO APPLY section.*
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Background Investigation
- Physical Examination
Skills and Knowledge: Skill in mixing drinks using alcoholic beverages, beer and
soda. Applies simple arithmetic in calculating bills and making change. Ability
to recognize intoxicated and unruly patrons.
1. Must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic at the time of appointment.
2. Be able to lift and carry weights up to 20 pounds.
3. Possess math skills necessary to calculate patron bills and take inventory.
4. Skill in mixing and serving alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
2. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j(1) to include a medical examination. Incumbent is required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
NOTE: Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.