CYS Program Associate Technology Lab NF-03
Want to make an impact? Want to do work that matters? You can do that right here by becoming a role model to our military children and youth!
Make the difference! Be the difference! Join our Fort Meade Child and Youth Services (CYS) team and train the military children and youth on the use of computer equipment, software programs and STEM. You will also have the opportunity to plan, coordinate, and conduct activities for CYS program participants in grades 6 -12.
Why do our employees love working for Child and Youth Services (CYS)? We invest in you! Our team will help you enhance your skills by providing annual on-the-job training, development opportunities, and much more! Not only are we making a difference but we offer a friendly and creative atmosphere, competitive pay and great benefits.
We are not just an employer, we are a community!
Location: These vacancies are at the Fort Meade Middle School/Teen Center, Computer Lab. Employee will be responsible for planning and implementing STEM based activities and 4-H club experiences to youth in 6th -12th grade.
Area of Consideration: US Citizens and Non-US Citizens (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
1st Cut-Off Date: 31 May 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: TBD
- Not Required
1. Be able to communicate in English (verbal and written).
2. Be 18 years of age at time of employment.
3. Possess and maintain ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
4. Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
5. Possess knowledge and demonstrated skill in Microsoft Windows and Applications using the Internet (email, searching, web page design) and network computing and possess a professional certificate or higher related to computer science/information technology, or 24 months of experience working in the related field.
Highly Preferred are applicants that possess professional work experience working with child/youth ages 6-18 years of age, and experience implementing STEM and 4-H activities
Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications AND highly preferred criteria will be referred to the selecting official first. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by the selecting official.
YOUR RESUME OR APPLICATION MUST CLEARLY REFLECT THE EXPERIENCE AND DATES TO VALIDATE FULL 24 MONTHS EXPERINCE HAVE BEEN MET IF QUALIFYING BASED ON EXPERIENCE. IF QUALIFYING BASED ON THE CERTIFICATE, SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION SUCH AS COPY OF QUALIFYING CERTIFICATE MUST BE UPLOADED/FAXED/PROVIDED TO THE SERVICING HR OFFICE BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
Transcripts and/or certificate must be submitted at time of application.
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
6. Required background checks of AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained, including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
7. A health assessment is required. Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
NOTE (2): No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designated as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).