Assistant Director, Reunions & Engagement for Georgetown University Medical Center - Office of Adva
6 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Director, Reunions & Engagement for Georgetown University Medical Center - Office of Advancement
Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) is an internationally recognized academic medical center whose missions of research, teaching and patient care are carried out with a strong emphasis on community outreach and the Jesuit principle of cura personalis - care of the whole person. GUMC consists of the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing & Health Studies, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Biomedical Graduate Research and Education.
The Assistant Director for Reunions & Engagement for GUMC provides vital support for strategies to maximize dollars for, and participation in, Medical Center annual giving, the execution of the annual business plan to ensure continued success and growth of key metrics in annual giving and alumni relations programming; connecting alumni to each other and to the university via events and communication; and providing outreach to special GUMC constituency groups. She also supports all aspects of program design, volunteer management, class giving and alumni relations outreach, including at key university-wide alumni engagement events, new initiatives and through unit support. Reporting to the Director of Engagement & Annual Giving for GUMC, the Assistant Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Annual Medical Center Reunion, Dental Reunion and Other Alumni Events
- Assists in planning and implementing Medical Center Reunion events, including programming, marketing and communications, liaising with vendors, managing contracts, and volunteer outreach, engagement and stewardship; and in setting the Reunion and Special group fundraising goals.
- Supports with planning, logistics and management of additional alumni programming and engagement opportunities, including alumni/student events, volunteer outreach, and Board management and engagement.
- Serves as lead Dental Reunion Weekend, including managing all event planning and logistics, venue selection, event pricing and budget management, marketing and communications, and providing leadership and support to class leaders to generate attendance for the weekend.
- Serves as liaison to the dental alumni population for alumni services, including the creation and mailing of the annual dental alumni newsletter, and the maintenance of the dental alumni web page.
GUMC Reunion Fundraising and Volunteer Management
- Manages the 4th Year Giving Campaign for the School of Medicine, including goal setting, committee management, working with leadership and student volunteers for outreach and fundraising, and events/program planning to support fundraising efforts.
- Organizes class-specific programs leading up to reunion years with 3 to 5 assigned classes - to include strategic planning on the nature of the events, marketing and promotion, and logistical planning.
- Works directly with classes on all aspects of class organization and development including reunions for a defined portfolio of classes - for example, budgeting, program development, and promotion; and advises class on financial issues, organizing class programs and events, and the development and execution of class specific communication strategies.
- Provides class volunteer management, including governance, volunteer recruitment and retention, communications, stewardship, and leadership development and training.
- When applicable, coordinates publication of reunion class books and newsletters.
- Leads or collaborates on a variety of projects, such as all-alumni reunion programming, off-reunion year programming, and communications; and partners, where appropriate, with other university departments.
- Handles reporting, assessment, and ROI for reunion campaign efforts for assigned classes.
- Establishes measurable outcomes for participation, new attendees, degree of impact surrounding attendance on giving and other variables surrounding the events.
GUMC Program & Engagement
- Works with special GUMC constituents as assigned by director.
- Works with Graduate Nursing Program Admissions & Development Staff to provide a presence and activities of annual giving and engagement for our Online and On Campus Graduate Nursing students
- Works with development and execution of Health Systems Administration alumni engagement activities
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 4 years of marketing, special events or volunteer management preferred, especially in a university or non-profit setting.
- Proficiency in word-processing, data base and spreadsheet computer application.
- Strong people skills
- Extremely dependable, well organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and consistently meet all deadlines.
- Ability to assimilate data, exercise sound judgment and discretion, maintain confidentiality, and work independently
- Ability to maintain professionalism while working with a variety of people, sometimes in stressful situations
- Commitment to accuracy in materials preparation
- Availability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.