Program Associate for Projects and Global Leadership Team (, Institute for Reproductive Health - Ge
7 days left
- Full Time
Program Associate for Projects and Global Leadership Team (, Institute for Reproductive Health - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Institute for Reproductive Health (IRH), through partnership with international and local organizations, strives to: expand family planning choices to meet the needs of women and men worldwide; advance gender equality by helping women and men across the lifecycle learn about and take charge of their reproductive health; and involve communities in reproductive health interventions that improve their wellbeing.
The Program Associate provides critical administrative support to several of the Institute's funded projects contributing to technical teams, including preparation, editing, and finalization of documents, budgets and work plans, processing requests for consultant and other procurement contracts to ensure timely delivery and payment of invoices, and management of staff travel to/from Washington, DC. S/he also provides support (documents and translations) to several technical teams at headquarters including literature reviews, editing and formatting study instruments and development of PowerPoint presentations. S/he will conduct initial review of financial reports and follow up with field officers as an additional responsibility. Reporting to the IRH Director, the Program Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assists several technical teams at headquarters to develop, edit, and finalize guiding program documents, concept notes, proposals and presentations.
- Conducts literature reviews and organize references and citations, manage submission of research protocols to ethical review committees and edit / forma t study instruments.
- Supports IRH-wide communications strategy by providing supporting the communications team as needed.
- Assists solution teams and solution managers to complete administrative aspects of service delivery programs and research initiatives, including sub-agreements, consultant agreements, technical and financial reports, develop guiding documents (annual budgets and work plans, multi-year scale-up plans, event timelines, advocacy, and other materials).
- Monitors plan implementation and related expenses.
- Coordinates development of budgets, monitors spending, financial advances, and rep orts along with Solution Managers.
- Reviews project and sub-agreement invoices.
- Supports technical elements of programs through developing, editing and finalizing guiding program documents, including, but not limited to, study tools, IRB applications, presentations, formative reports, and analysis.
Events and Travel Administration
- Coordinates travel for IRH Washington and field staff and partner travel.
- Manages events - for example, partner meetings, and technical consultations.
- Responds to ad hoc requests to participate in different ventures - for example, working with staff to edit research protocols and instruments, working with program staff to create PowerPoint presentations, overseeing budgeting and contract management, and preparing reports to donors.
- Represents IRH at informational meetings, working groups, meetings, and conferences as needed.
Field Office Coordination
- Coordinates with field offices on administrative issues (for example, time sheets, leave requests), reviews field office cost share reports, and tracks across projects by donor;
- Provides procurement oversight and support for field offices - for example, office equipment and project commodities, and negotiations with local vendors.
- Supports recruitment for hiring of local personnel, including field staff, consultants, and interns.
- Oversees timely administration of field staff, consultant and partner contracts.
- Works with the Finance and Operations team to resolve issues regarding financial payments, including salary payments between field staff, partners, and headquarter project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in international development, public health, public administration or related field
- At least 2 years of professional experience in health or international development - to include budget and program management experience and/or international program experience
- Broad knowledge of international development - preference for French language skills
- Ability to manage on-going responsibilities and prioritize tasks assigned to ensure that timely deadlines are met and that the Institute's internal system is maintained
- Ability to work on a variety of teams and with a range of supervisors
- Excellent writing skills - proofing skills in English and French or Spanish preferred - and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate professionally with partners and represent the Institute at meetings and global conferences.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.