Associate Capacity Management Engineer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17141.Solutions Development
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As an Associate Capacity Manager (CM) you will optimize the usage of capacity that meets communication link performance criteria. You will use internal tools to determine the appropriate communication link and manage assigned inventory of satellite capacity, ensuring satellite capacity is optimized for the satellite.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- This is an ITAR role; you must be a U.S citizen, Permanent Resident or Asylee
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent
- Some relevant work experience (typically less than one year) preferably in satellite communications
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Effective English language skills both oral and written
- Ability and willingness to work occasional extended hours, if necessary, to meet department needs
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to make sound judgment and professionalism in seeking solutions
The following is considered preferable:
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Proficiency in Visio Basic, SharePoint, Microsoft Access, and SQL
- Analyze and optimize satellite link performance (RF Link Budget analysis) based on earth station criteria and satellite performance.
- Apply consistent and up-to-date loading standardization to ensure optimum capacity assignment for services on the CONUS and AOR satellites.
- Issue and update satellite link transmission plans for customer leases and Intelsat products.
- Support tactical and strategic grooming projects which optimize utilization of satellite capacity.
- Support the development and coordination of various projects, such as tool testing and development.
- Communicate orally and in writing to ensure service level expectation and standardization are met.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.