Senior Event Planner
HB & Company, Inc. (HBC) is a small, women-owned, full-service conference management firm, specializing in events and travel for several Federal Government agencies.
HBC, located in Bethesda, MD, seeks a talented, energetic and flexible individual to join our team. The full-time Senior Meeting Planner will be responsible for the successful planning and implementation of all logistical tasks associated with client-sponsored meetings and events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as the liaison with the client, clarifying event parameters to determine logistical needs.
- Prepares event specific timelines and work plans, as requested.
- Provides support in the preparation of Federal conference pre-approval documentation, including budget estimates.
- Arranges and conducts event planning calls and event planning meetings.
- Identifies and secures venues for each meeting or event, conducts site visits, and negotiates venue contracts.
- Conducts research on event locations, including area attractions and local transportation options.
- Serves as venue liaison and coordinates all aspects of venue arrangements to include meeting room arrangements, audiovisual equipment, rooming lists, food and beverage arrangements, and post-event billing.
- Solicits bids from vendors for various event services and supplies.
- Creates and maintains database and event registration websites using Cvent.
- Coordinates travel and lodging logistics for invitees, as needed.
- Prepares registration and rooming list reports.
- Assists with agenda development and speaker identification.
- Coordinates the development and production of event materials, including, but not limited to, invitations, registration announcements and instructions, event program books, and speaker bios and presentations, and ensures that materials are completed on time and error-free.
- Coordinates the development of signage, name badges, table tent cards, PowerPoint templates, and other materials.
- Assists participants and client agency personnel as needed.
- Attends pre-conference meeting held with facility staff.
- Oversees logistics related activities being performed by other onsite subcontractors and vendors, as requested.
- Set-up and management of the onsite registration desk and distribution of onsite materials.
- Assures shipping/delivery of supplies, proper room and audiovisual set-up, event signage set-up, food and beverage function set-up, and cleanliness of rooms.
- Works with speakers to ensure presentations are successfully delivered.
- Tracks all supported participants’ honoraria and travel reimbursement expense requests, ensuring all contractual obligations are met.
- Analyzes participant evaluation survey responses and prepares post-event report summarizing results.
- Prepares post-event report comparing estimated budget to actual costs and lessons learned.
- Provides assistance with business development activities, such as the preparation of proposals and the gathering of price estimates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience planning events/meetings.
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience in the meeting/event planning industry, to include client relations, timeline development and management, and budget management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong commitment to client satisfaction.
- Ability to problem-solve independently.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong self-motivation to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel when job requires (up to 20%).
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP) or Certified Meeting Professional (CMP).
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience supporting events and meetings for the Federal Government.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal contracting.
- Knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations.
- Knowledge of Cvent registration software.
- Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted.
Apply for Senior Event Planner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly