Industrial Controls Technician I or II
INDUSTRIAL CONTROLS TECHNICIAN I/II*
Operations & Maintenance Division
Industrial Controls Section
(Internal ID: 3421)
Industrial Controls Technician II / Grade 24 / $40,835.88 - $68,119.03+
Industrial Controls Technician I / Grade 26 / $45,108.22 - $75,245.79+
*One position is available; to be filled based on the candidate’s qualifications.
+Salary range is effective July 1st.
Open Until Filled
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Upper Occoquan Service Authority (UOSA) is a regional water reclamation plant serving four jurisdictions (Fairfax County, Prince William County, City of Manassas and City of Manassas Park).
The Industrial Controls Technician I or II is responsible for performing a wide variety of highly skilled tasks; installs, maintains, and repairs process instrumentation such as pH, ORP, DO and temperature instruments; some lab instrumentation such as pH and spectrophotometers; electronic equipment, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration units; communications equipment including telephone, telemetry, and two-way radios; and computer systems such as PLCs, loop controllers, and a large distributed control system; and gas detection equipment. Technicians work collaboratively with other technicians and sections or independently to solve routine operational problems. This position works under the general guidance of the Industrial Controls Manager. The individual working in this position will be exposed to a wastewater biological and chemical hazardous environment and is exposed to high voltage on occasion.
The incumbent should possess a good understanding of computers, computer systems architecture, and computer-operated instruments. A desirable candidate will have knowledge of electronic theory and the practices, methods, tools, materials, and test equipment of the electronic trade; knowledge of the functioning and maintenance of process control instrumentation and electronic equipment; good knowledge of air conditioning and refrigeration theory and practice; the ability to read instrumentation data accurately and to maintain records of maintenance activities; ability to work from circuit diagrams and manufacturer’s manuals, blueprint, and shop drawings; ability to troubleshoot radio communications equipment, public address systems, security/alarm systems and perform repairs. Must have systems troubleshooting skills in the areas of electronics and pneumatics and have an understanding of networks and computer systems.
- Completion of high school or a GED program is required. In addition, college, trade/vocational school training or other experience and/or skills related to the position may be considered.
- Industrial Controls Tech. II: Minimum of 2 years of experience in an industrial instrumentation, computers, controls, HVAC, and communications systems is required.
- Industrial Controls Tech. I: Minimum of 4 years of experience in an industrial instrumentation, computers, controls, HVAC, and communications systems is required.
- Must have sufficient color perception in order to distinguish colors of electrical wiring.
- Possession of a vehicle operator’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- Must meet all confined space entry and attendant requirements.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position to include extensive walking, bending, stooping, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and/or carrying up to 75 pounds.
- Required to be on call when scheduled and must be able to work overtime as required to meet the needs of the plant.
All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, physical exam, and background check paid for by UOSA.
In order to be fully considered for the position, all applicants must submit a complete an application via the UOSA website: www.uosa.org > Careers > Employment Opportunities > Candidate Profile or by using the link below to apply: https://secure3.entertimeonline.com/ta/6132450.jobs?rnd=WIO.