Recreation Program Assistant – Front Desk
The City of Takoma Park is seeking an enthusiastic part-time Recreation Program Assistant to work for the Recreation Department. This position is responsible for the operation of the building’s reception area. There is one position currently available. The typical work hours vary and can be: Monday-Thursday from 2:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., Friday from 2:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m., Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. & Sundays from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends. The opening is at the Takoma Park Community Center (7500 Maple Avenue) & Takoma Park Recreation Center (7315 New Hampshire Ave). Occasional weekday morning substitution may also be available. This position is not subject to membership in the AFSCME union. The pay for this position is $10.75 per hour. First review of applications will be June 1, 2017.
- General public relations that include answering customer inquiries via phone and face-to-face interactions
- Completing financial transactions using computer registration software
- Scheduling rentals and activities in electronic door monitoring system
- Monitoring patrons and ensure the center rules are followed and the patron’s behavior is appropriate
- Recording attendance for activities
- Assisting with equipment and room set-up/breakdown; including cleaning equipment
- Completing required paperwork
- Performing other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Skilled with computers and providing customer service
- Ability to provide mature leadership, have fun, be flexible and share enthusiasm
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Applicant(s) must possess or have the ability to possess standard Bloodborne Pathogens, CPR-AED/First Aid certifications
- Must be able to interact effectively with all age levels, abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
May be required to participate in Maryland State Retirement.
Please visit our website: