Sr Princ Administrator, System - Physical Security
Summary: This position is responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Certification and/or experience with Physical Security systems administration is highly desired to include: access control, visitor management, CCTV/video, and/or perimeter systems.
- Must Hold an Active Secret Clearance.
- In-depth knowledge of US Government security regulations and methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and client service skills.
*Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must possess a Secret clearance. Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS entry on duty (EOD).*
WORKING CONDITIONS: Standard business work environment on a customer site. Ability and flexibility to work on a varied shift rotation is expected. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs. Office attire required at all times. Home Site location Arlington, VA; site location is the DHS St. Elizabeth's Campus, Washington, DC. Public transportation access only; parking on site is limited.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.