7 days left
- Full Time
Sentara Healthcare is currently seeking a full time Insurance Manager to be based in Virginia Beach.
The Insurance Manager assists the Director of Risk Management and Insurance in the placement and purchase of all existing and new lines of property and casualty insurance, self-insured, captive and surety programs for the system. The Insurance Manager is responsible for maintaining all risk exposure and certificate of insurance databases. Responsible for the system-wide insurance program, including professional liability/general liability, property, Directors & Officers, Fiduciary, Workers' Compensation, etc. Negotiates the placement and purchase of all existing and new and renewing lines of insurance coverage system-wide. Completes all necessary applications and exposure data submissions related to the insurance program and develops and maintains a system for evaluating loss exposure data and producing financial projections and planning reports. Communicates with all levels of leadership, management and staff concerning insurance issues and maintains and fosters relationships with third-party service providers including insurers, brokers, actuaries, state agencies and claims TPAs.
Bachelor's Degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Business, Finance or related field
Five years' experience in the commercial Property and Casualty Insurance industry. Eight years' experience preferred. Experience in managing a large commercial insurance program and marketing property & casualty insurance policies and/or self-insurance programs preferred. Experience in medical professional liability preferred.
Analyzing Insurance Policies - 5 years, Managing Commercial Insurance - 5 years, Marketing Property/Casualty Ins - 5 years, Negotiating Insurance Renewals - 5 years
Must be licensed or designated as one of the following: ARM, CPCU, CIC or Licensed Property & Casualty Agent.
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
- Assisting the Director of Risk Management and Insurance in the placement of all lines of property and casualty insurance.
- Providing advice and assistance to all parties on insurance and claims related matters through direct contact and the provision of training.
- Providing insurance information to outside regulatory agencies as necessary.
- Recommending risk control measures and risk financing alternatives for treating organizational exposures.
- Reviewing contracts for risk exposures and insurance purposes.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the System's insurance policies.
- Assisting in the design, implementation and maintenance of a system-wide exposure data reporting system.
- Maintaining and fostering relationships with all third-party providers (i.e. insurers, brokers, actuaries, attorneys) including preparing specifications for insurance brokerage and actuarial services when necessary.
- Supporting captive insurance program activities including preparation of presentations and financial reports for captive-related meetings.
- Facilitating the actuarial process related to all self-insurance programs.
- Assisting the Director in the preparation of the insurance budget.
- Maintaining financial reports including cost allocation methodology for all lines of insurance.
- Coordinating claims handling with Risk Managers for non-PL/GL claims.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the commercial insurance market.
- Assisting the Director in merger and acquisition activities including due diligence and integration procedures.
- Managing the certificate of insurance program.